Research shows that whole-school education using school nurses or medical students can improve the health of children with asthma. The Asthma innovation Research team, which conducted this research, run a schools programme providing asthma education through training by medical students.
The tools listed below can be used by teachers or other members of staff to educate pupils and themselves about asthma and how it can be managed to ensure all those affected can be fully involved in schools life and activities.
For younger children
- Assembly for primary school students
- Asthma/inhaler presentation suitable for years 2, 3 and 4.
- The team at Operation Ouch has shared this video explains asthma to younger children, including the importance of having an asthma plan and regular reviews.
- This Asthmanauts comic book aims to help children with asthma learn more about their condition and how to use their inhalers. Teachers, parents or carers can help their child complete the comic book.
- Queen Mary University of London has produced Asthma Dodge video game, complete with triggers.