This page offers a fact sheet, pocket guide, and e-learning resources that can help develop and put into practice the skills required to communicate effectively with young people about healthy lifestyle choices and encourage behaviour change.
The Making Every Contact Count programme aims to make use of the millions of consultations that take place every day between patients and healthcare professionals to encourage healthier lifestyles. The fact sheet, pocket guide and resources available to download have been created by the team at Making Every Contact Count.
- Introduction to Making Every Contact Count: this resource provides context and explains the background of the programme.
- Introduction to Skills: this resource covers how to start a healthy conversation with someone.
- Introduction to Lifestyle Topics: this resource introduces key lifestyle messages, recognising that public health is everyone’s business.
- Signposting and Your Organisation: this resource signposts experts and professionals who are available to discuss health and lifestyle factors further.
- Motivating Change: this resource focuses on the behaviour change model and how to enhance the opportunity to motivate behavioural change.